the awesome/terrifying freedom

out here, somewhere, figuring it all out.





email this post



remember me (?)



all personal information that you provide here will be governed by the privacy policy of blogger.com. more...



chris from dc writes in response to my blog about the howard dean website:

I want you to know, we have taken your...ahem...constructive criticism of the OutforDean.com site and its plethora of attractive gay white boys to heart (my picture is up there too y'know...and I insist I am NOT white...I just don't get enough sun). We're going to try to do a better job of highlighting lesbians and people of color.

Your comments do beg the question of identity though. OutforDean is an equal-opportunity site. We want everyone to be involved. Does the lack of lesbian representation lie with our failure to reach out to them or with their failure to get involved? I don't know...but I'll try my darndest to get them as fired up about Howard Dean as I am.

In the meantime...look for our interview of Anthony Rapp, star of Rent and currently touring in Hedwig and the Angry Inch, coming soon to the site. He's the latest to endorse Dean for President and join the swelling ranks of attractive gay actors joining Out for Dean. Could you be next??


chris, this is awesome. and you bring up a good point about lesbian representation. my gut feeling, based on my observations during the amendment 2 days in colorado, is that lesbians are extremely politically active. perhaps the problem is outreach, or maybe just combining resources. i have a feeling that the rift is between the fundamental differences in gay and lesbian cultures.. but going to your site today i see at the top of the list is 'dykes for dean!' that's great - i think despite huge cultural differences, it's really important that the facets of the gay community stay united, because as this village voice article from the la weekly warns, a huge ultra mega gay backlash is heading our way.


Post a Comment


search web search me

ah, me

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from joelarue2. Make your own badge here.




  • 5: the man of genius


  • 4: blunders & absurdities

  • 3: conservative after dinner

  • 2: what lies below

  • 1: where there is no path


  • the awesome/terrifying freedom is powered by blogspot and gecko & fly.
    no part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.