i didn't get a seat on the subway this morning, so had to stand, reading my magazine with one hand, the other holding the overhead bar. there were a few times when i noticed that the man sitting directly in front of me was staring at me, and i assumed that he was reading the back of my magazine. average looking guy, maybe 35. when he got up to leave, he casually stuck his business card into the magazine, put his hand on my back and said 'excuse me,' as he left. how brazen! what guts. i mean, i would never be able to hit on someone like that. i won't call him, but geez, you gotta admire the moxie.
other observations - have you noticed how fun and easy it is to make snap judgements about people based entirely on their friendster 'friends' pages? you don't even have to look closely, you just kind of unfocus your eyes and look at the whole page -
1. if most of the pictures are black and white, you can bet that they are either actors or involved in the entertainment industry.
2. if the overall color palate is a little washed out, i.e., taken with a disposable camera and scanned without color correction, then this person is probably pretty normal, has normal friends, a normal job, etc.
3. if there is a lot of skin, they are probably big big slutty ho-ho's.
4. if the color palate is vibrant, indicative of lots of professionally taken photos, then you're probably dealing with a model or a model-holic. and they've probably slept with everyone on the page.
5. if the person's friendster pic features naked pecs, click to see all their friends, and over %80 of their friends pictures feature naked pecs as well.
6. these observations apply mostly to gay men's pages, and metrosexuals in the entertainment industry's pages. i have no idea what the average straight guy's friendster page looks like.
7. the person is probably a big ho if their testimonials say things like:
"rich was AWESOME!! highly recommended!"
"9.876 for the dismount"
"arrived promptly, matched description, transaction was very easy!!! A++++"