the awesome/terrifying freedom

out here, somewhere, figuring it all out.





email this post



remember me (?)



all personal information that you provide here will be governed by the privacy policy of blogger.com. more...



a great response to high school blogging from therese:

I'm a senior in high school and about a year ago a few people from my class started using a newfangled thing called 'Xanga.' For a while it was just a group of us, being angsty and giving each other e-props for moral support when we fought with our parents, or posted depressing lyrics. Then when school began again this year, Xanga exploded. I'd say anywhere between one- half and two-thirds of my school now uses Xanga. And it's become a giant popularity contest/method of revenge/the new way to pass note with a cute guy. Now we have a war going on between the "old-school xangans" and the "sheep" who started doing it because it became cool. People who've had their blogs since last winter (the date you joined is on your blog) write diatribes against the newbies, and some are even starting to leave out of protest. It's a giant e-war. Moral of the story: No idea. But sadly, this is also happening with indie music at my school. Things are cool until the majority finds out.

Therese Enders

PS - I got Clay Aiken's new cd for christmas. Wow, is he gay. But the poster's hanging in my room anyway.


Post a Comment


search web search me

ah, me

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from joelarue2. Make your own badge here.




  • 5: the man of genius


  • 4: blunders & absurdities

  • 3: conservative after dinner

  • 2: what lies below

  • 1: where there is no path


  • the awesome/terrifying freedom is powered by blogspot and gecko & fly.
    no part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.