the awesome/terrifying freedom

out here, somewhere, figuring it all out.




principal


email this post



remember me (?)



all personal information that you provide here will be governed by the privacy policy of blogger.com. more...



every week i submit myself via email to a handful of film projects i find out about on mandy.com. usually i never hear back, but sometimes there are interesting things on there. i have an audition in long island on saturday for a 'feature film.' i'm up for a 'principal role.' forgive my quotes. with independent projects it's hard to tell if you're walking into the film equivalent of waiting for guffman, or if you're being discovered by the next darren aronofsky. i'm told i'm reading for the part of a security guard, which makes me question the definition of 'principal role.' does this really mean 'speaking role'? where i'll have 2 lines like 'welcome home mrs. thompson'? or is this a film about a security guard? where mrs. thompson has the bit part? no way to tell.

either way, she tells me i'm the only person reading for the part (which makes me think it's a bit part), so 'unless you really suck, it's yours.' fantastic. need more stuff for my reel.


Post a Comment


search web search me

ah, me

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from joelarue2. Make your own badge here.




  • 5: the man of genius


  • 4: blunders & absurdities

  • 3: conservative after dinner

  • 2: what lies below

  • 1: where there is no path


  • the awesome/terrifying freedom is powered by blogspot and gecko & fly.
    no part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.