the awesome/terrifying freedom

out here, somewhere, figuring it all out.




age


email this post



remember me (?)



all personal information that you provide here will be governed by the privacy policy of blogger.com. more...



you can't work yourself to the bone and not expect to age. it's happening, finally, i mean, really, it is. i can see it now. because my mom was still being mistaken for 18 at 40, i used to think that i'd be able to get away with the same shit. no such luck. all the little lines that have always been there are just a hair deeper, the grey in my hair more pronounced. maybe it's not enough for anyone else to really notice, (it probably is, though when you bring it up, friends are too nice to tell you you're looking ragged) but to me, who's looked at my face in mirror every day of my life, the changes are apparent. the shift is beginning, and things that once used to have no effect on me - like staying up all night, now have disastrous visible consequences. i have to like, start taking care of myself and shit. maybe i just need sleep and sun and moisturizer. and sex. and money. and stability. and sex.

if you don't believe me, i'll post some really crappy pictures of myself. there's a lot lately!


Post a Comment


search web search me

ah, me

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from joelarue2. Make your own badge here.




  • 5: the man of genius


  • 4: blunders & absurdities

  • 3: conservative after dinner

  • 2: what lies below

  • 1: where there is no path


  • the awesome/terrifying freedom is powered by blogspot and gecko & fly.
    no part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.