the awesome/terrifying freedom

out here, somewhere, figuring it all out.




she loves the chinese.


email this post



remember me (?)



all personal information that you provide here will be governed by the privacy policy of blogger.com. more...



creepy old lady: look at you! oh just look at you. you are so handsome. i just love the chinese.

me: um.

creepy old lady: i havva chinese eye doctor, chinese glasses, my pediatrist is chinese, i just love the chinese. such good people, your people, such good people. oh i just love the chinese.

me: well.

creepy old lady: i go down to chinatown all the time, because i love them so much. so simple, those chinese people. not complicated like me and her (points to white lady smoking a cigarette outside the theatre). love the chinese!

me: i'm not chinese.

pause.

creepy old lady: well what on earth are you then? i'm dying to know!

me: i'm half philippino and/

creepy old lady: PHILIPPINO! ohhhhh.. of course. i love your brothers and sisters too, i do! so many of them work down at the fish market! have you been to the fish market?

me: no.

creepy old lady: oh it's wonderful, the biggest fish market in the world, it is. you should go. oh i just love your people. your phillipino people.


4 responses to “she loves the chinese.”

  1. Blogger whetstone 

    !!!

    where did you find this woman?

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    i know that lady

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    So, if I eat lots of McD $meals and chase them with Apple Jacks, will I eventually look like you? You artsy guys are so funny. You had to have made this up. No one will believe things like this in the real world. Wait, I live in Boulder. You live in NYC. Nevermind.

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Oh my God!! When did the filipinos take over Chinatown?? :)

Post a Comment


search web search me

ah, me

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from joelarue2. Make your own badge here.




  • 5: the man of genius


  • 4: blunders & absurdities

  • 3: conservative after dinner

  • 2: what lies below

  • 1: where there is no path


  • the awesome/terrifying freedom is powered by blogspot and gecko & fly.
    no part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.