the awesome/terrifying freedom

out here, somewhere, figuring it all out.





email this post



remember me (?)



all personal information that you provide here will be governed by the privacy policy of blogger.com. more...



so yesterday i get this phone message:

'hi. this is tippi hedren. i'm returning a call from al. i guess i'll get in touch with you when all this phone tag is over. my number is 661-___-___. this is re: the lion.'

at first i thought it was my friend betsy, being irreverent and cute. but no. this was tippi hedren's voice. and the message is very matter of fact. and i did a google search on 'tippi hedren lion' and it turns out she runs a lion sanctuary in california.

i got a call from tippi hedren!

and i have her home phone number!

i love tippi hedren. not a great actress, but undeniable charisma. 'the birds' was my first hitchcock film, igniting my passion for his movies, for thrillers, for the craft of filmmaking, and the intracacies of film analysis. i will keep that message on my phone forever! maybe i'll give her a call.


Post a Comment


search web search me

ah, me

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from joelarue2. Make your own badge here.




  • 5: the man of genius


  • 4: blunders & absurdities

  • 3: conservative after dinner

  • 2: what lies below

  • 1: where there is no path


  • the awesome/terrifying freedom is powered by blogspot and gecko & fly.
    no part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.